Saturday 3 March 2018

End of Feb update






Image result for first dividend

Goods news first:
Got my first dividend for £6.53 from SVCA. I'm well chuffed.

Here are the stats:
Total Month Dividends  £6.53
Total Month passive income  £310.35
Feb Contribution £830
Total Contribution  £2826
Stock market value  £2454
Portfolio dividend 7.39%
PE 6.9(could do with going slightly higher, but not over 20)


Current stock holdings -

.

House sale update:
Hmmmm well where do i start. The house is sold and the exchange date is set for 1st May , yay :) .
Oh god here comes the but. I have kept the tenants in the loop the whole time  but their rent was not received on the 1st May. They have never missed a beat in the last 7 years, so alarm bells quickly rang. I sent them a couple of messages to ask is everything ok (i had no reason to think otherwise) but none of my messages were replied. So i decided to pop round.
I went to the house and knocked on the door; they were clearly ignoring me at the door. I stay persistent  so much so, one of the children even shouted that someone was at the door. They reluctantly opened.
I really did not like doing this as they are a nice family, but at the end of the day i had to keep telling myself that while its their home its still my house; and it will be landing on my shoulders to pay the property works that are looming if i hold. This is something i cannot afford. I must and have to sell.
The wife opened the door and i explained i had not received any rent. In no uncertain terms she explained to me that im not getting any and basically i should go.

Anyway i explained the property needs to be vacated by the 1st May and they have received it all in writing. I've also explained i will pursue the loss of rent money through the courts. The wife walked away. I was left talking to the husband and we met for a chat later that evening down the road away from the house. We have agreed a handshake deal that he will pay the rent weekly, i won't take them to court and as a good will gesture from me they can have April rent free as long as they are out for the 1st May and the house is left in good order. He gave me a weeks rent there and then.
Oh i hope this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 11 year old daughter buys her first stock.

So out of the blue one of my daughter (the youngest one) asks if she can buy some stock. Where do i start? Shes only 11 but my eyes li...